Here are presented a few asthma cure home
remedies. Read about asthama home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Asthma
A chronic disease, asthma is related to problems in
the respiratory system. Asthma is an ancient Greek word, which means
'panting or short drawn breath'. Age is not a factor for this disease,
as it can affect young and old alike. Asthma causes shortness of breath,
constriction of the airways, coughing, wheezing and excess mucus in the
air way. In this condition, a foreign body enters the windpipe and
causes partial blockage or irritation. An allergic condition, it is
triggered by exposure to an allergen, environmental or tobacco smoke,
cold or warm air, perfume, pet dander, moist air, exercise or exertion,
emotional stress, etc. Certain home remedies prove beneficial in
treating the ailment. In the following lines, we provide you with
natural remedies to cure asthma.
Home Remedy For Asthma
- Warm a ripe banana on a slow flame. Mash it and sprinkle some
black pepper on it. Have this for instant relief.
- Mix 13 ml of fresh honey with 20ml of a paste of basil leaves
(made by grinding basil leaves with water). Have this mixture as
soon as you feel an attack coming.
- Sprinkle some black salt on holy basil leaves (after washing them
thoroughly) and eat them.
- Another efficient cure for asthma would involve having roasted
grams every night. After eating grams, drink a glass of warm milk.
- The most effective remedy for curing asthma would be to have
finely powdered turmeric with honey. Grind turmeric, with mortar and
pestle. Add 1 tbsp of the powder to 2 tbsp honey and eat the
- A paste of rock salt and ghee or mustard oil, when rubbed on the
chest, would be beneficial in stopping the asthmatic attack.
- Take a glass of water and add two tsp fenugreek seeds. Boil this
mixture, until only 1/3rd of the solution remains. Let the decoction
cool down and then drink it.
- Consumption of three to four dry figs every morning would prove
useful in curing a person of asthmatic attack.
- A glass of warm milk, with a tsp of turmeric powder added to it,
will be beneficial in keeping the asthmatic attacks at bay.
- Take a tablespoonful of safflower seeds and add a tablespoonful
of honey to them. Eat this once a day.
- Make a paste of Indian gooseberry, banyan root and honey. Mix 250
gm Indian gooseberry, 50 gm banyan root and 125 ml honey and make a
paste. Consume this paste 1 tsp at a time.
- Another remedy would be to take a glass of limejuice, to which a
teaspoonful of ginger juice has been added.
- Boil a glass of milk, with ten garlic cloves in it. After the
milk comes to a boil, remove it from heat, strain and let it cool
down. Drinking this decoction would effectively reduce asthmatic
- Drumstick leaves, when boiled in water, efficiently cures asthma
problems. In a cup of water, put a small cluster of drumstick leaves
and bring to a boil. After boiling for 3 to 4 minutes, strain the
water. Add a few drops of lime juice, along with pinch of salt and
pepper. Drinking this will help cure asthma.
- Put three tbsp of water in a pan and add six pieces of cloves.
Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and strain. Let it cool
down a bit, add a tsp of honey and eat the mixture.