Here are presented a few anemia cure home
remedies. Read about anaemia home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Anaemia
One of the most commonly found ailments; anemia can
be described as the loss of red blood cells or hemoglobin in blood.
Hemoglobin is the carrier of oxygen to the various parts of our body.
Decrease in red blood cells means decrease in the carrying capacity of
the blood. Anemia is, primarily, the result of nutritional deficiency in
our body. The most common symptoms of anemia are numbness, tingling
sensation, depression, irritability and memory loss. However, the
symptoms would vary according to the increase in the severity of the
ailment. There are numerous ways to treat anemia naturally. In the
following lines, we have provided some home remedy for curing anemia.
Home Remedy For Anemia
- A proper, well-balanced diet is very beneficial for anemic
people. Their diet should constitute of cereals, rice, pastas, dairy
products (milk, yogurt and cheese), dry beans, eggs, vegetables and
fruits, meat, poultry, fish and nuts.
- Foods rich in iron are also effective in curing anemia. Liver,
green leafy vegetable, beets, dried fruits, bran flake, oysters,
brown rice, lentils molasses, raisins and prunes have high iron
content. Breads and pastas made from whole grain flour are also high
in iron. Try to include all these food items in your diet.
- Food items cooked in iron pots get increased iron content. Thus,
cooking food in iron pots can prove to be effective in curing
- The term 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away' is suitable in
case of anemia. Try to consume 2 to 3 apples on a daily basis. They
have rich iron content and thus, are helpful in treating anemia.
- While anemic people are recommended to have food rich in iron
content, Vitamin C is required for the absorption of iron. Try to
include lots of citrus fruits in your diet, such as orange, lemon,
- Vitamin B12 is very helpful in curing anemia. Animal protein and
organic meats, like kidney and liver, are considered to be good
sources of this vitamin. Consuming them will prove to be beneficial
for those suffering from anemia.
- Consumption of beetroot, as a cooked vegetable or in salad, is
one of the best home remedies for anemia. You can also consume
beetroot juice for the purpose.
- Sun bath is also recommended for anemic people, as it increases
the production of red blood cells.
- Anemia can be cured by eating about 1/2 to 1 tsp. of the tincture
of Yellow dock root, thrice in a day. You can also go for 1/2 to 1
tsp of extract of dandelion leaf and/or root, twice a day.
- Consumption of a ripe banana; mashed and mixed with a tablespoon
of honey, will prove to be beneficial in treating anemia.
- Apple and tomato juice have been found to be beneficial in
treating anemia. Consume a glass of each, at least once in a day.
- Soak about 7 almonds, in water, overnight. Throw away the water
in the morning, peel off the skin of almonds and grind them, to form
a paste. Have this paste in the morning, for at least three months.
- Anemic can benefit from a combination of apple cider vinegar and
blackstrap molasses. Combine 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp
of blackstrap molasses and add 1 cup water. Drink this decoction
once a day.