Here are presented a few acidity cure home
remedies. Read about acidity home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by
the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which
is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces
various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking
complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the
body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in
the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation
in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its
other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of
alcohol, highly spicy food and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
(NSAID's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity.
Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on
to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home Remedies For Acidity
- If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of
clove. It will bring immediate relief.
- For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other
dairy products will prove to be helpful.
- Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid
- Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to
a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces
the chances of acidity.
- Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and
supplement your meals with it.
- Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in
treating acidity naturally.
- If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and
other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing
spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
- The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water
every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize
- Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring
relief from acidity.
- If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of
yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
- If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery
everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
- Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid
formation and the resultant acidity.
- If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water
with a teaspoon of soda in it.