Here are some back strengthening stretching
exercises. Read about the exercises for back muscles.
Stretching Exercises For The Back
Hamstring muscles have a direct association with back pain. It is
actually the tightening of hamstring muscles that causes lower back
pain. To strengthen your back, it's essential to perform stretching
exercises for the back. Exercises for back muscles will not only give
relief from pain, but also will tone up your back muscles.
Here are some easy to perform back strengthening exercises:
- Stand straight and stretch your arms upwards.
- Now bend down and make an attempt to touch your toes, but don't
let your legs bend.
- Be in this position for a couple of seconds and then get back to
the original position.
- Repeat this exercise for at least 12-16 times.
- Sit on a chair and straighten your legs, resting them on another
- Now try touching your toes with your hands, but make sure that
your legs don't bend.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and then come back to normal
- Do about 12-16 repetitions.
- Lie down on the floor facing upside.
- Keep your one leg crossed over the other.
- Gently pull the other knee toward your chest until you feel a
stretch in your hips.
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds.
- Stand straight with your hands resting on your hips.
- Gently twist your torso at waist level until you feel a stretch.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and now rotate on the other
side and repeat the action.
- While performing the exercise, keep your knees slightly flexed.
This stretching exercise will help to strengthen your middle back.
Comment On This Article