The most trusted name in banking is not content with just financial services. SBI goes a step further with SBI General Insurance company ltd to make sure that everything you own is duly protected.
SBI General Insurance
SBI General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG) with SBI having a 74% of the total capital stake while IAG holding the remaining 26%. State Bank of India enjoys the largest banking franchise in India. Along with its 6 associate Banks, State Bank Group has an unparalleled strength of over 16,000 branches across the country, arguably one of the largest banking networks in the world. IAG on the other hand is the largest non life insurance company in Australia with its operations spread across Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Asia as well. SBI General started its business operation in India during the late March 2010 in a limited way and is already working towards a nationwide launch with a larger product portfolio. SBI General seeks to be a technology driven company with the state-of-the-art IT systems. A multi-product and multi-segment company, SBI General is in the process of setting up a unique multi-distribution model. SBI General, in the course of time, has introduced innovative and well-diversified portfolio of products at competitive prices. Glance through the following section to find out more.
Insurance For Individual
SBI General offers insurances for the individual to deal with the little road blocks that come your way in the form of accidents & thefts. At SBI General, you get a wide range of options to safeguard your dreams and assets with policies such as Motor and Home insurance policies.
- Motor Private Car Insurance
- Motor Two Wheeler Insurance
Insurance for Business
Life is full of surprises. Some are pleasant and some are not. With SBI General Insurance you can adequately put in place risk mitigation measures to overcome these misfortunes. The Fire Insurance Policy is designed for covering loss or damage caused to various assets/properties due to fire and other hazards. Marine Cargo Insurance Policy safeguards you from risks associated with transit of goods trough the waterways. Packaged Insurance policies offer you protection against potential risk associated with medium and large sized business enterprises. Other policies which fall under this category include construction/engineering policies, motor insurances and other miscellaneous insurances.
- Standard Fire and Special Perils
- Consequential Loss (Fire)
Construction/ Engineering Insurance
- Electronic Equipment
- Contractors All Risk
- Erection All Risk
- Burglary Insurance
- Money Insurance
Other products that SBI General Insurance intends to launch shortly under this genre are mentioned below,
Contractor's plant & machineries used at project sites are exposed to a host of risks which can put a break in the successful completion of a project and lead to further and nastier financial burden and stress. SBI General Insurance can help you successfully overcome these situations and put you firmly in control of your projects.
- Contractors Plant & Machinery
- Machinery Breakdown
- Boiler & Pressure Plant
- Consequential Loss (Machinery Breakdown)
While SBI General covers the vehicles for personal use under its Motor Insurance umbrella, there is a great need for covering commercial vehicles also. Hence, this policy proposed by SBI seeks to provide a similar cover for the vehicles that are used for commercial purposes.
SBI General's Business Package Insurance Policy understands that growing businesses require basic protection against the various unfortunate accidents which can cause huge financial distress to you. With these policies you can ensure protection from potential loss and thus safeguard the assets that you value the most.
SBI General's Plate Glass Insurance Policy takes into consideration the most basic thing about your business premises - they are set in glass. This novel policy seeks to ensure the glass ensemble which you call your workplace and, in the event of any misfortune, makes sure that you are sufficiently protected in terms of the expenses that you incurred on building your dream workplace.
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd.
Natraj, 101, 201 & 301,
Junction of Andheri Kurla-Road & Western Express Highway,
Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400 069
Comment On This Article