Here are some vital maintenance &
troubleshooting tips regarding car gears.
Gear system forms an important component of a car and thus, requires proper handling and attention on your part. Since they help you maintain the speed of your car; you cannot afford to misuse the gears. While changing the gears, it is very important that clutch should be completely pressed. At the same time, you need to make sure that the clutch is properly adjusted for free pedal movement and smooth gear change. There are some other maintenance tips as well that you need to keep in mind, to ensure a long life of the gear system. We have mentioned a few of the important ones, in the lines below.
Car Gear Maintenance Tips
- Whenever you change the gear, make sure that you are pressing the clutch completely with your foot, simultaneously. Otherwise, you might end up harming the gears.
- As far as possible, avoid changing the gears with too much force. In fact, whenever you change a gear, try to let the gearshift pause for a second, as it crosses the neutral zone.
- Whenever you feel that the gear is not changing smoothly, it might be that the transmission fluid is contaminated or its level is low. So, get the fluid checked by a mechanic.
- Select the right gear for a given condition and speed to avoid overstraining the engine. At the same time, you need check the oil level in the gear box, on a regular basis.
- It is advisable to use grease on the gears, at regular intervals. This will help the gears runs with less friction and also prolong their life, before the next replacement.
- Try to avoid the bad habit of resting the left foot on the clutch pedal, even when the clutch is not in use. You also need to keep away from revving the engine too much while putting the car in the first gear.
Comment On This Article