Western India Automobile Association (WIAA) is
one of the premier and largest motoring organizations in Asia
Western India Automobile Association (WIAA)
Founded in 15 Oct' 1919, The Western India Automobile
Association (WIAA) is the premier and the largest motoring organizations
in South Asia with over 48,000 members on its roll. The head office of
Western India Automobile Association is located in Bombay with branches
in Ahmedabad, Pune, Nagpur, Jaipur and Goa. WIAA activities are spread
over all the major cities of Western India. WIAA, from time to time,
organizes courses and camps on Road Safety, Advance Driving and Auto
Pollution for the benefit of motorists.
WIAA is a recognized body under the Motor Vehicles Act and Rules. It is
authorized to undertake driving test for the issue of driving licenses
for cars and two-wheelers. WIAA also has powers to issue International
Driving Permits for the members traveling abroad. The Association also
has reciprocal service arrangements with Automobile Associations and
clubs all over the world. It is also represented on various Central and
State Government bodies, including the State Road Safety Councils,
Accident Prevention Committees, etc.
- The Association assists to pay fines for traffic offences at
different courts in Mumbai on behalf of members after receiving the
requisite amounts from them.
- It offers advice on any matter related to the use and ownership
of motor-vehicles, like disputes with insurance companies,
liabilities for accidents on the road, interpretation of the
taxation, traffic and other rules.
- The Association renders breakdown services through the Road
Service Department, only in Mumbai (upto Mahim on the Western side
and Sion on the Central side).
- It offers towing services in Mumbai. The charges for the service
are Rs. 60 or Rs. 5 per km (to and fro), whichever is higher. The
detention charges are Rs. 10 per hour. Its contact number for Towing
Services is: 022-2047032
- WIAA also offers free PUC check for its members. The PUC vans are
available at following venues: Marine Drive (opp. Hindu Gymkhana,
Service Road), and WIAA's Andheri Collection Centre.
- It assists in renewal of motor vehicle insurance on behalf of its
members. The Computerized Insurance Certificate and Policy is issued
on the spot in Mumbai.
- The WIAA has mutual arrangements with Auto Associations and Clubs
all over the world. So, the members can avail the services provided
by these Associations and receive assistance while traveling abroad.
- The Association also handles all matters regarding M.V. Tax,
Muncipal Wheel Tax, Transfer of Ownership of Motor Vehicles and
claims for tax refund.
- WIAA accepts applications for Driver's Licence from an individual
member, or a member of his family. It also undertakes the renewal of
the licenses for members.
- WIAA, in association with the RTO, issues Learners Licenses to
the members on Mondays and Fridays.
- It issues bimonthly "Motoring Magazine" containing
useful and relevant information; the magazine is sent to all members
free of charge.
- WIAA offers services of surveying of vehicles by qualified
- The Association has an arrangement with Wheels Rent-a-Car
(Hertz), by which members can get a discount of 5% on presenting
their membership cards.
Western India Automobile Association
Lalji Naranji Memorial Bldg
76, Veer Nariman Road
MUMBAI - 400020
2204 1085, 2288 0407, 2204 7032, 2204 1271
After Office Hours:
2204 1085 Fax: 2204 1382
E-mail: [email protected]
, [email protected]
Comment On This Article